SP Flash Tool work perfectly with all MediaTek devices running Android OS. Therefore, all lines of devices, new and old, are compatible with this latest SP Flash Tool. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. This is how you can flash Firmware using SP Flash https://www.biokosmetikoftexas.com/articles/unlock-your-phone-s-potential-a-guide-to-sgh-m919/ Tool.
Before we proceed to flash stock firmware using Recovery, there are some preparation steps to follow to make sure the flashing process completes smoothly. In order to backup your stock ROM, after you root your phone and before you install a custom ROM you will need to install “ROM Manager” (available in the Market). After “ROM Manager” is installed and you start it you will need to install ClockworkMod Recovery (the first option in ROM Manager). Once the custom recovery is installed, look further down ROM Manager’s menu and you will see an option to backup your current ROM, which is what you want to do. Now there are three ways to restore stock firmware on HTC 10. The first method is by using HTC’s ROM Update Utility (RUU exe), which is safe and easy.
When backing up or restoring an Android phone, there is no single solution that works for everyone. You can also save photos, messages, and a list of your installed apps in Google One Backup. The Samsung Cloud Backup app for Android has been designed for maximum convenience and speed. With Swift Backup, you can perform batch actions in just a few taps. You can use a custom recovery environment, such as TWRP, to store full system images.
- You need different tools to handle different tasks — some of which you can do on your phone, while others need a connection to a computer.
- In the next section of this article, we’ll go over how to backup your Android device.
- By backing up your phone’s photos, videos, and other data, you can keep track of them all.
- Based on my understanding, in order to keep the warranty and still play with custom ROM’s, the following steps are required.
In order to do so, you are going to need a flashing tool called Odin. It is a tool for Samsung devices that helps users flash ROMs on their devices. It can also be used to flash custom recoveries as well as doing some other tech stuff. Connect your phone to your PC, go to ADB installation folder, open a command window from there and issue the below command to flash stock recovery image. On rebooting my phone, everything (apps and data) was in the same place and worked same just like they were/did prior to me making a backup. Unfortunately unlike CWM and TWRP recovery systems, the stock android recovery doesn’t allow you to choose which portions of the backup to restore.
- When it reboots, turn it off and boot it into fastboot by holding down Volume Down and Power.
- Yes, there is an alternative MediaTek flash tool called SP MDT Tool.
- Backing up the data from an old phone to a new phone on Android hasn’t always been so simple, but you now have more options than before.
- The main developer, Henrique Pereira, is not in a tearing hurry to port new Android versions to all the devices.
B. We use the Sp flash tool for as Doogee Y6 Flash Tool because of this tool is very efficient and support all kind of MTK phones. Use Odin, flash the firmware you’ve downloaded on SamMobile by inserting it into the AP section. I would say the difficulty depends on your specific device. If you hava a Samsung device for example, you could easily just use their utility to restore the device with latest stock ROM. Once the backup is made copy the file to your computer so you have a secondary backup. In fact, copy the entire contents of your SD Card to your computer because sometimes the card is formatted or wiped during the install of some ROMs. Your steps are correct and I would add to the end of the list to remove the rooting as well.